Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Establishing Professional Contacts & Expanding Resources

To find professional contacts outside the US, I contacted a couple of the bloggers that I follow. My first contact was from Northern Ireland. She has been a nursery teacher for over twelve years and has been involved with Comenius projects which has allowed her to visit schools in Poland, Italy, Norway, Sweden and France. She writes a blog called Learning for Life. Much of her blog focuses on the importance of exploring nature and outdoor play.

My second contacts were two people who have taught together in Melbourne Australia for many years. They have a blog/website called Irresistible Ideas for play based learning. They share many inspiring and creative ideas for classrooms and write about their visits to other area preschools. I have not received any E-mails from them both yet but I am trying to figure out what to ask them first when I do.

The website I chose for part two of the blog assignment is Early Childhood Australia. I looked at a few of the other resources and this one seemed the most interesting to me. I chose this website because it has a variety of links and information to explore. I also subscribed to their newsletters.

I’d like to thank my two contacts for being willing to help. I appreciate them taking the time out of their busy days to answer my questions. I’m looking forward to learning new information from my contacts and through the website.


8 comments:

  1. I havent been able to connect with any people form other countries just yet but I hope that i will be able to before the class is over with. However i am excited that you were able to connect and i will enjoy reading your blog to find out more about what is going on in early chidlhood around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, this is really great, I never thought about Australia. I can't wait to read more about it.

    Darrell Sallam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post and Australia sounds great hopefully you will get information. It was very difficult to get hold of Mexico and China. I send like 10 emails and only Mexico and China responded. Hopefully I can share with you guys more about other countries. I never thought that so many other countries had child development programs. It's amazing to learn from different countries. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany,
    I love that you found someone who is dedicated to outdoor play and nature. With such a focus on Kindergarten Readiness, these things are often forgotten about. I think your choice of clip art truly fits this course. We are all in this together for the children. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tiffany,

    It is wonderful you are using people from Melbourne, Australia. My pastors are from there. They are setting up a school here in the United States based on their system in Australia. It is a bit different, but it is exciting to see how the children are learning. It is a Christian based curriculum. Your website choice is wonderful as well. I truly look forward to working with you on the project.

    Joyce Galloway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading your post I found it interesting that you selected individuals that you are following through blogging. I don't really blog so never thought to go that route. Its seems that you have some strong contacts and I am looking forward to learning what you learn through these contacts as they seem very information and can offer a vast of knowledge and expertise in the field for usage.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffany,

    Isn't it a relief to find someone who can help you on this journey?! Its also great that you found early childhood professionals through a blog because they are spreading knowledge to so many others! I see that you are very interested in Australia's approach to early childhood education. I cannot wait to learn more about what they do!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am so interested in learning more about the children and teachers in Australia. I also want to know more about your first contact from Northern Ireland. I am very excited that you were able to get in touch with someone. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete