Thursday, August 13, 2015

TIME WELL SPENT



 
Wow!!!! I can't believe I am completing my FINAL BLOG ASSIGNMENT for my ECE program. Sitting here writing gives me flashbacks of when I first started out creating these blog post. I had no idea what I was doing but I was determined to make it work. This ECE program has taught me many things that I have processed, shared, and learned from. In this course I learned how step outside of the box. Each blog assignment showed me that there are so many resources and organizations that are helping to make a difference in the lives of children. I learned that there are so many ways in which early childhood professionals can contribute to the early childhood field. Reading everyone capstone challenge really was an eye opener that there are many things that still need to be done and addressed. Lastly, I learned how to be persistent and fight for achieving greatness. When I first began this ECE program I was determined to graduate with a 4.0. Many of these courses were challenging but this capstone class made me sweat, cry, scream, throw in the towel, and get angry. These last eight weeks taught me how to manage my time, spend more time than required on assignments, and reach for greatness. First couple of assignments papers I was devastated. However, after pinpointing the errors I gradually starting to improve. This lesson taught me that even when things happen in the early childhood field never give up.... Any goals worth setting is worth fighting for!!!
My Long Goal is to develop an early learning center that teaches high-quality education. I want a 4 Star Accredited program that requires staff to have certain credentials, training, and field experience. Now-a-days anyone with enough money can open up a child care facility. What will set my center a part from centers who are just trying to make a quick dollar is my center will always have passion, creativity, and mutual respect for parents, children, and each other. I'm looking forward to writing my business plan, creating my brand, and selecting a name for my center.  

To all my colleagues thank you so much for your inspiration, feedback, criticism, genuineness, and your outlook on early childhood field that we are embracing.  I have truly enjoyed you all this semester. Reading your post week after week was awesome and I hope that the communication does not stop here. I will leave my information below so that we can stay connected through email, organizations, and blogs. Much success in the future and never stop learning. Dr. Embree I sincerely thank you for not getting frustrated with me. Every email I sent you provided great feedback and ways in which I could better and I truly appreciate that. My desire is that I hope you continue to build great educators.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Tiffany,
    I am so glad that I had a chance to read your blog each week. I learned so much from you blog and discussion. I would like to ask you what is the one thing you will miss from this class. I like your long term goal to develop a 4 Star Accredited program that requires staff to have certain credentials, training, and field experience. This is very much need in the field of ECE, we need more educate teacher to work with children and families. I like how you stated how your center will be different than others. For example, passion, creativity, and mutual respect for parents, children, and each other. This is awesome we need more center who not only care about their children, but the parents as well. I look forward to meeting you at graduation have a wonderful week!
    Temika
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tiffany,

    I must say I am extremely happy for you. I too was going for a 4.0 when I first entered this course, but things happened along the way that kind of stopped me from doing obtaining but I am thankful that I am graduating with my masters. I really like your long term goal and I believe that you will accomplish that goal. I want to wish you the best of luck and thank you for all you have done during this masters program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tiffany,
    It was really nice getting to know you through blogs, and discussions. Good luck to you beyond your Masters! As well as working towards your challenge in the EC field.

    Sincerely,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany,

    It was a pleasure sharing this educational journey with you. Over the last 8 weeks, I think we worked harder and more diligently on our final Capstone project than any other class throughout this course. I have the same sentiments as you. There were times when I wanted to quit, but I'm so glad that I pressed on through it, because now we are at the end. We did it!!!

    There is so much work to be done in the world and the early childhood field. You already have many of the tools and resources needed to make your dream a reality. I wish you much success in the future and in all your endeavors. Continue to strive for excellence and remain committed to being a change agent in your community.

    Tabitha Abney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany,
    Such a great and honest final blog post. Thank your for sharing your passion each week. I enjoyed reading your posts and learning from your experiences! Best wishes on your Early Childhood program, they are lucky to have you in the lead and how exciting for you!
    Please keep in touch! We need to continue our Community of Practice! Congratulations!
    Mary Janssen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany,
    Thank you so much for sharing your passion each week. I wish you much success as you continue on your career. As challenging as this course was for us it was most rewarding. Your project was inspiring and I urge you to continue to share your passion with all you meet. Keep up the great work and I hope to hear from you again. Best of luck and congratulations.
    Colleen Farrell

    ReplyDelete