Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 8 When I Think of Research...

The insights I have gained from learning about research is to analyze the different types of research and what do they mean. I did not realize that there were different types of research. My ideas about the nature of doing research has change is when you start off doing the research you have to have a topic and then from there you have to do the subtopic and brainstorm the main points to form an outline.

The planning, designing and conducting the research in early childhood did I learn is respecting the justice and fairness in everyone regardless of their age, gender, and culture. I also learn to have a consent form in place of doing my research and keeping my personal bias to myself and do not let interfere with my research.  The challenges I have encountered was analyzing between the quantitative designs and the qualitative designs. The ways did I meet them is doing the assignment and reading the different materials in the textbook to give me a better understanding of what they mean and examples of how to use them in a research. My perceptions has been modified as a result of this course is to analyze more better of my topic of doing my research, learning who is going to be in my research, learning about the independent and dependent variable. It made me think in deep thoughts and was very challenging.

I just want to say I really enjoyed everyone from these past eight weeks. To my colleagues and Dr. Darragh I felt like I learned a lot from your comments and post on blackboard and the blogs from this course. I do not like to say good bye, I will say to all of you I will see you later, and I wish everyone much success!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany,

    This course is an eye opener indeed to have better understanding of some of the things one used to struggle with in doing a research and to learn new things like how to draw an outline in a research. The textbook we used for this course is very resourceful and informative. All the best as you continue in your graduate study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany, I agree that so much was learned from this course about writing a topics and then subtopics and then writing an outline from that. I had a lot of difficulties with that in the beginning, mine was always too broad, but I may have the hang of it now. Most importantly I agree that it is going to be so important for us to remember to keep our personal bias' on hold when doing a research study if we are to have good quality studies. I hope your future endeavors are very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that this was a challenge and I did not know how much went into creating a research study outline. I had to go back and reread things in an attempt to make them mesh and come together. I am thankful for this class but so glad I am almost done! :) It was a long journey and I appreciate all of the insight gained through our discussions. Good luck on your studies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree. This course has really opened up my eyes to the reality of research! It was very challenging for me, but I feel I am in a better place because of it.
    Thanks for sharing and contributing to our class!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree also, this has been quite a challenge for me. I didn't even consider all of the work that went into research and how to effectively get the appropriate outcomes. This has been a very in lighting course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anything, I learned that research involves a lot of planning and designing. Equity, Reflectivity, and Validity are important factors to having a successful and quality research. Also, bias should be absent, and if it should show up, it should be minimized as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffany,

    This class has taught me many things about research. I have enjoyed reading your post this past eight weeks. Good luck on your journey of completing your masters degree:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree the course was challenging but also taught me some valuable information about research such as planning and conducting data as well as the different design. There was so much to learn and take from this course that will be very useful in the field as we strive to stay current upon issues that are related to the early childhood field. I wish you the best as you continue your journey!

    ReplyDelete