Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Family Culture

If I had to leave the country due to a major catastrophe I would take these three items:

1.    My Bible because of my religion and faith in God and through his word I know everything would be great.

2.    Family photos, I want to keep my family close at all times. Pictures hold special memories that I would not want to lose. I have pictures stretching back several generations.

3.    My wallet would be another item I would take. Having money and my ID would be very important. I would need some type of funds to start my life over and to get settled in a new country.

If I had to choose one of thing to take it would be my family photos. The Bible would be hard to let go but it is dear to my heart and I know my faith in God will never change. I have memorized scriptures that are very dear to me but it would be hard to let it go. Having my family photos would help me through the lonely times and keep me strong. I love looking at photos and reminiscing on the great times and other times. I would continue to pray every day and know through God and my faith everything would work out accordingly.

Through this assignment it made me realize how important my family is to me and my culture. My family has always taught me to put God first and through Him I can do all things. If this was to every happen I would not forget my culture, I would embrace the new culture that is around me and respect their beliefs.


4 comments:

  1. Tiffany, I like your blog and sounds a lot like what I chose with mine as well. I also like your creativity with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany, I didn't even think of money and identification. That was a great item to chooses, I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Tiffany, I enjoyed your blog. I didnt think of money and identiifcation. I was thinking about items to survive. If I had to choose one of thing to take it would be my family photos. I am like you the Bible would be hard to let go but it is dear to my heart and I know my faith in God will never change. My family is hard on memorizing scriptures that are very dear to me but it would be hard to let it go.

      Delete
  3. Tiffany, I completely understand what you mean. I too would have to take my bible and family photos. These two things for sure is what I would need to keep me grounded. I like your post.

    ReplyDelete