Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals
          One hope that I have when working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is for programs to respect, value, and learn the practices and policies of cultural for all children and families in their community. I also hope that they advocate for local, state, and federal policies that support the ability of early childhood programs to offer high quality, and diverse education for all children.

One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is to commit to ongoing reflection of cultural difference that makes a difference of the attitudes, beliefs, and practice in the classroom in the early childhood education. I also hope to engage families, children, and to the community. I also hope to inform and to respond to the social and cultural backgrounds   of children and families.

To all my colleagues it has been a pleasure of working with all of you. I really enjoyed these eight weeks of learning from your discussion board, comments, and responses. I wish all my colleagues much success and I hope to see you again. Best wishes to all of you until we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! Great Post!! I wish you continued success in your early childhood journey! Continue to do the great work that you are doing with children and families with diverse backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany,

    Your hope for programs to respect, value, and learn about cultural difference is a great choice. There are many programs, especially in the more prominent areas that really don't go out of their way to promote cultural differences to young children. I completed an observation in an early childhood facility in upper North Georgia and the children were amazed to see a black person. They were intrigued by not only my skin color, but also my hair, the bright colors of my toes. It was amazing that they were so interested in getting to know me, but sad that they never had the experience before.

    It has also been a pleasure sharing, learning and growing with you. Best wishes and keep it moving.

    Tabitha Abney

    ReplyDelete