Tuesday, February 10, 2015

ADJOURNING

Working in groups are rewarding, but working with a group of people for lengthy period of time builds bonds. I worked with the same group of females for a semester of college. We all had pretty much the same goals in life, some of us were married and most of us had at least one child or more. There were times when things became overwhelming and we wanted to quit but through the support and motivation of each other we made it through. We succeeded in our classes and learned about each other in the process. To this day we still meet at least once a month for lunch and play dates with our children. It is hard to let go when it is time for good things to come to an end, but the upside of that is everything we gained during our journey together. That is how I feel about this course. Even though we are at our end, I have gained so much knowledge from the readings and the online interactions of my colleagues.
When I think about my colleagues that I have met so far here at Walden University I feel as If our relationships could possibly have been even stronger if we would have met face to face. Anyone can sound good on paper, but it is something about meeting face to face that gives you that since of clarity and trust. I do hope that some of my classmates as I will stay in touch beyond this program. It has made nice to be able to relate with someone that is coming from the same state, but a different area. I feel that there has been a great deal of respect between each student as we have done discussions and blog post. A lot of people including myself have shared a lot of experiences that are personally, which have allowed us to open up to others and develop professional relationships. I feel that I have grown close to a lot of my colleagues especially the ones that have been in all of my classes since we have started the program.

The adjourning stage is such an important stage because it allows for self reflection. It allows you to see what went well and what things you’re yourself and the team could have approved on. It gives you the opportunity to work with others and see how their mind and thought process works. It gives you the chance to give praise to someone else for their accomplishments. It allows you to understand what it is to collaborate. It allows you to make personal and professional connections with others.

5 comments:

  1. Tiffany,

    I agree with you that we as colleagues would have a better relationship if we met face to face. However, I believe that people can sound good on paper and still be a great person when you meet them face to face. Nevertheless, some can be horrible. I do hope as you said that we as colleagues should stay in contact with each other. I hope we can continue to be colleagues in the future at least on a professional basis. Adjourning is such a final stage in a team and can be very rewarding and sad at the same time, I feel that it is essential with any project that has completed its mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your experience with your classmates reminds me of the one with my former coworkers. There was such a comraderie amongst that I have not experienced since. Our faith and love for children connected us. We went out with each other often when we worked together, but life has taken all three of us in various directiins. We only talk on the phone now. I miss that every day communication because we kept each other encouraged. I agree that meeting face to face is the best way to connect because you get a feel for the heart of a person. I am glad for the online interactions, though. They have really enhanced my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany,
    I think you brought up a good point that I haven't thought about during this whole process of group developed. Having other things going on in your life that will effect your involvement and commitment in the group. I got so wrapped up in making the group work that I forgot that people have other factors in their life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany,

    You have shared experiences that I have lived through as an owner/director of a child development center that allowed me to realize that I did my best. I have enjoyed you blogs as you shared communication and collaboration skills. I wish you much success in the future with your studies and career. You can reach out to me anytime for resource or just to talk about your day. I do hope that we can stay in touch in the future. My contact information is (404) 867-4799 – email Emilycarter30094@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete