Friday, January 30, 2015

Communication

Through the different evaluations I realize that I am more comfortable speaking in one-on-one situations and then small groups. This is very accurate for me. The bigger the crowd I tend to lose my train of thought and I get a little nervous. However, I thought I would change and be able to speak to larger crowds and be comfortable to carry a conversation with someone I just met the older I became. I also believe that things are different depending on the audience I am addressing. When it comes to listening to others based on the test I am in group 1. I am empathetic, caring, and trusting of others. This is true I am very trusting and I care a lot of others and this has caused me to make poor judgments and be hurt. When other observed me they had some of the same results as the test and they also had their own opinions. For instance, my husband says I am more comfortable taking in small groups and I am considerate of others when communicating.  This week I have learned to that it is important to get to know someone before you judge them. It is also important to know about your own communication styles and how your listening and communicating skills can affect someone either positive or negative.

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany, my results were similar to yours when it came to communicating in large group opposed to small and I am also in group 1 of the listening style profile. Do you feel people try to take advance of you because of your listening style? I have that feeling and that is why I want to work on improving my listening style. By improving in this area I will be an effective communicator as an Early Childhood professional.
    Great post,
    Shelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,

    This assignment definitely showed us how people evaluate us and what we can do to improve our communications skills.
    I am more comfortable in small groups also, but do well in big groups especially if I know the material well or know a few people in the group to focus on. I thought the quiz was great and like you, I am too trusting and empathetic and always get hurt in the process. I hope that we learn as we mature to evaluate people before trusting them.

    ReplyDelete